Monday, September 2, 2013

August Update + September Goals




I'm back for another update on my monthly goals!

August Goals:

1. Be Kind. 
I kinda forgot about this one. Not that I haven't been kind to anyone, but I just forgot to put more effort into being kind to people who really need it. I think that instead of getting hurt, angry or upset, I need to stop and just be kind. So... kinda. Work in progress, how about that?

2. Use up products before opening new ones.
You should have seen my trash can before I left the mountains. 
I literally used up 3 hairsprays, 4 body washes, two mascaras, and several other miscellaneous products. Check!

3. Live in the Moment.
I'm trying. I am starting stop and relish in the now. Life goes by so fast and I hate to think that I'm wasting it. I've also started a weekly wrap up to help me remember the small things. 

4. Read "The Fault In Our Stars", "Beautiful Ruins", "The 
Spectacular Now" or "Gone Girl" 
I read "The Fault in Our Stars" and "Gone Girl." 
I made the mistake of reading The Fault during an emotional transition. Warning:
 DO NOT READ THIS BOOK IF YOU ARE EMOTIONALLY UNSTABLE.
I was bawling, but it was so good, probably one of the best I've ever read. It is very heartbreaking and I was a wreck for a good three days after I finished it. I read it in a 48 hour period It was so good I couldn't put it down (I read it entirely in about 2 days)  but once I got to the end, I knew what was coming so I didn't want to read as fast (as if I took my time, "it" wouldn't happen). Does that makes sense? I don't know... but take my advice. Read it, but make sure you have a box of tissues.

As far as Gone Girl, like I said, it was great! I read it right after 'Fault' and it kinda helped me get over all my emotions! hehe :) It was awesome too, and I once again, couldn't put it down. 
I can't wait for the movie, too!


My 2013 Bucket List:

-Cut out processed foods-work in progress. So far Costco is winning for food with less than five ingredients!
-buy local produce/go to local farmer's market more-
-volunteer somewhere
-have my first giveaway on my blog-again, work in progress
-figure out my college plan
-save my money up for something big-My very own car!!! just starting though :(
-bake a blackberry cobbler from scratch
-eat better and be active-starting to track my calories and also starting to work out 4x a week
-make new friends
-work on my scrapbook
-go on a road trip
-write a letter to myself to open in 10 years
-go camping
-read at least 8 books- 6 down, 2 to go :)
-teach myself how to sew


and now for....
September Goals:

1. Keep up with Algebra
I am terrible at math, no surprise there but this semester I am taking algebra (required to graduate). There's a lot of homework so I know it can be easy to get behind. I want to make sure I keep up with everything and go to the math lab, call my grandpa, get help etc when I need it. 

2. Work on my Migraine Experiment

I want to keep up with my exercise and healthy eating and develop a routine to my new schedule. I also want to get some help from my sister-in-law who's a personal trainer.

3. Use my planner!!!
I can't be the only person who buys a new planner with good intentions to regularly use it. 
Sometimes I just get so behind, I just give up on it all together. But I am taking more classes this semester so I know I need to use it to remember everything I need to do.

4. Catch up with my Online Shop 
My poor shop needs some serious attention. I haven't been able to list more items, so it's looking pretty bare. I really really need to play catch up with it!

5. Read More, Watch less TV
I feel like I always end these post with a book I want to read. Oh well, I guess I really need the encouragement. It's so much easier to just flip the TV on and mindlessly spend all my free time. I genuinely enjoy reading more than TV, so I need to set my priorities straight.  

There you have it! I'll check back in at the end of the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!