Friday, February 1, 2013

January Update and February Goals and Bucket List


Wow! Where did January go?
I cannot believe that it's already over.

Get ready for this ginormous post...

Here were my goals for the month of January along with how I did:




January's 5 Goals:

1. Go to a class at my gym at least 3 times.

I should've planned better for this. I was bummed that every week the gym class was scheduled at the exact times I had work.
So, unfortunately, I did not make it 3 times to class at the gym, but I did make it once!!
It was definitely an interesting experience, and I want to go back!


2.Walk Sydney (my dog) everyday


Rain or Shine, I did it!
I honestly enjoyed doing it everyday.
She is a ball of energy, so moving into an apartment has been hard on her.
Walking her, and letting her run around everyday has made her break her bad habits (Chewing on walls and shoes!) and has also cut down on her hyper-ness. (yes, I just made that word up)


3.Spend absolutely nothing on myself (that's not necessary) all month. 
Things like clothes, makeup, books and sadly goodwill :'( 

I really should've been more specific on this.
It was hard for me to differentiate between spending money on needs and wants.
Yes, I spent money on things that were necessary.
(things like books for school, shampoo, and groceries)
In terms of wants, I did a really good job. Not perfect, but good.
Ultimately, I succeeded in my goal of saving over spending.

4. Start up my coupon binder/couponing again but still stick with #3


Yep, couponing is in full swing again around here!
I honestly love it, mostly because I know I have time to devote to it.
It takes a TON of time
but I save even more.
I'll have to write a couple posts on a few of my hauls!

5. Finish The Little Bee and begin a new book.

This was a huge fail.
but if you read this post you'll understand why.
I really do want to read it! It sounds so interesting and intriguing. 
but I didn't. oops.

I did however re-read one of my favorites, which I do every winter.
(because I'm weird like that)

and now for a bucket list update

2013 Bucket List:

-Cut out processed foods 
-buy local produce/go to local farmer's market more
-volunteer somewhere
-have my first giveaway on my blog
-figure out my college plan
-save my money up for something big (don't have a clue what that will be...yet    I have a few ideas of what I want to save for, now just to narrow it down)

-bake a blackberry cobbler from scratch

-eat better and be active-working on this! I've been eating my "green" smoothies, and obviously walking everyday has helped!

-make new friends-yay! I've met a couple new people this semester in school that I really like!

-work on my scrapbook- it took me a while to figure out where I put it, but I found it and even finished it! I am now working on my next one!

-go on a road trip
-write a letter to myself to open in 10 years
-go camping
-read at least 8 books
-teach myself how to sew


Now, onto February:

February's Goals:

1. exercise and continue to walk my dog everyday

2.
read this book

3. Organize, organize, organize

4. Put finishing touches on my room and do a room tour!

5. Do more Random Acts of Kindness.


and that's it!
I'll check back in with you at the end of February (**shutter**) and tell ya how I did!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!