Thursday, May 2, 2013

April Update and May Goals



Now that I'm back to regular scheduled programming, and the fact that its already May(!!!) it's time for an update!

Here were my goals for the month:


Aprils Goals:

1. Finish organizing my closet.-
done! Expect a blog post soon!

2. Finally switch my closet over from winter to spring/summer. Also purge clothes I no longer wear.
Ahh, this felt so good to complete. Not only did I switch my closet over, but I purged so many clothes to sell in my shop. Oh, I didn't tell you about that? Expect that soon, too

3. Listen to Joel Osteen's Podcasts at least once a week.
Despite his many critics, I adore Joel Osteen. To this day he is the only pastor whose sermon I can follow all the way through. That, and because I always feel like he's preaching to me directly. It's like he always knows what I am thinking! Plus, his podcast's are free on itunes! I really enjoyed this this month, and I will continue with it!

4. Finish my current Book and start a new one
If you can believe it, I am still reading The Paris Wife. I know. but with finals and essays and just life in general, I haven't been devoting much time to reading. About 3/4s done, though!

5. Work on my Summer Plans
(This is my main source of stress. How can I fit it all in?)
Well, I've got a sort of/ but not really tentative plan. It's a good one!
I'm just firming up dates :)

2013 Bucket List:

-Cut out processed foods-this has been hard, but worth it! I have been trying to only by foods with ingredients with 5 or less and ones I can pronounce :)
-buy local produce/go to local farmer's market more
-volunteer somewhere
-have my first giveaway on my blog-COMING SOON! Very soon! I promise!!!
-figure out my college plan-I'm pretty sure I've decided which school I am transfering to! yay! I keep switching back and forth, but I've narrowed it down to two!
-save my money up for something big (don't have a clue what that will be...yet   I have a few ideas of what I want to save for, now just to narrow it down) (Hopefully for a plane ticket for this summer and a nice camera!(!!!!!))

-bake a blackberry cobbler from scratch

-eat better and be active-working on this! I've been eating my "green" smoothies, and obviously walking everyday has helped! (well, Easter hasn't been great on my diet....ok, chocolate hasn't been great for my diet. but I have been running with my dog a couple times a week!)

-make new friends-yay! I've met a couple new people this semester in school that I really like! 

-work on my scrapbook- it took me a while to figure out where I put it, but I found it and even finished it! I am now working on my next one!  Started some new pages!!!

-go on a road trip (one is in the works)
-write a letter to myself to open in 10 years
-go camping
-read at least 8 books- 2 down, 6 to go :)
-teach myself how to sew


and now for....
May's Goals:

1. Try not to over pack (this will be tough)

2. Continue on with the Joel Osteen Podcasts.

3. Keep my "Shop" successful this month!
(again, I will share details tomorrow!)

4. RELAX and enjoy my summer!

That's it for me! What are your goals this month? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!