Wednesday, September 4, 2013

August UN-Favorites


This month I haven't experimented much with makeup because I've been trying hard to use up what I have so I don't waste. 
So instead of doing my monthly beauty favorites (which would be a bunch of repeats) I thought I'd do something different: my UN-favorites for the past month or so.
Actually, most of these are products I've tried throughout the year that just didn't work for me. 

Without further adieu:



1. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua (in shade 10)
I really really wish this one worked for me! (I even talked about it in my everyday makeup!)
Overall, I actually adore the foundation. It smells nice, but not overpowering, it blends easily and feels like you don't have anything on your face at all. So why is it an Un-favorite, you ask?
My only issue with this is that it oxidizes so badly on my skin. If you don't know what that means, basically the foundation goes on one color, but as it sits on the skin, it turns darker or more orange. Initially, it looked wonderful on my skin, but about 15 minutes after I'd apply it, it looked like I had these horrible orange splotches all over my face. Like I said, I'd absolutely love this foundation if it didn't oxidize on me (and wasn't $45).

2. Bobbi Brown Extreme Party Mascara
I got this mascara in a sample and was so excited to try it, as I've never tried anything by Bobbi Brown before. It so disappointed me! It did absolutely nothing to my lashes even after several coats. If you want a natural lash, go for this, but if you want so high impact (I do!) then skip it.

3. Mabelline 24 Hour Color Tattoo Cream Gel Shadows
After all the hype these received, I wanted to try them. I loved the idea of just quickly swiping this over the lid and going.  Not only do they go on splotchy, they are hard to apply and dry up so quickly! I was so disappointed that after only a few uses, they dried up (yes, I screwed the lid on tight).  With the extra time it took me to attempt to blend it out, and how fast they dried up, I got about one use out of it. Bummer.

4. Philosophy The Microdelivery Exfoliating Face Wash
Again, I got a sample size of this just to try it out. The purpose for me was to be able to use this once or twice a week to exfoliate and really get off dead skin. This product is barely gritty at all and barely even cleansed my skin. Normally, products like this are very gritty to get in deep in your pores. I wouldn't even call this an exfoliater, but more of a face wash.

5. Mabelline Volum' Express The Rocket Mascara
Oh man, I have an immense hatred for this mascara. Not only is it grey (not blackest black like the tube says), but it leaves my lashes so hard and crunchy that it literally pains my eye to blink. When I go to remove it, I end up losing more lashes in the process. It doesn't add any volume and clumpy. I hate it. Period.

Do you have any beauty products that you dislike? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!