Monday, September 9, 2013

Weekly Wrap Up-New Car and Sunsets

I totally forgot last friday to post my weekly wrap up! oops. 
I figured I'd make it up by posting it on monday instead :)

1.
 Remember how I told you that my mom ran a rental car out a gas?
Well, we had a rental car because our beloved fiesta was having severe transmission issues. We were so sad, but it was time to replace it. I know it sounds weird but that car was a part of our family! It was the first time my mom was able to buy a car with cash, and it totally was 'her' car. She named it the island girl and I swear to you it became her signature. We drove it to Georgia and Florida, we somehow hauled a 500lbs fountain in the back, all our yard sale finds would be shoved in it's little trunk, and even though the keys got locked inside it all the time and it hardly fit what we really needed to, we loved it. It was our car, you know? 
So anyway, last saturday we traded it in and got a bigger SUV (you can see it behind the top right of the red car next to the tent) that can certainly hold any garage sale find we need it to hold, and before we said goodbye, I had to grab my mom's picture in front of it. We will miss you, little hot tamale island girl!
(yes, my mom is wearing a duck dynasty shirt)

2. 
 I finally caved and bought my first 'fall' item of the season. I love Bath and Body Works candles. They rock and these scents are my favorite!

3. 
 We took our new car out for a drive one night and we got to watch the most breathtaking sunset over Lake Grapevine. Texas seriously has the most beautiful sunsets. This picture doesn't do it justice. 
We also got sno-cones at my favorite place (strawberry colada is the bomb)

4.

Last weekend a couple of my friends from high school met up before they go off to college. It was fun! We went to our favorite place to eat, drove around our town like dorks and then went swimming. It kinda made me miss that time in my life, but at the same time, it made me realize that I'm so much different than I was back then. A part of me wants to go back to that time, but this stupid thing called time is constantly pulling us to move forward regardless of what we want. That sounds kinda silly and cliche as I type it, but it's true.  


5. 
September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month! Childhood cancer is something I hold very near and dear to my heart. (if you've been reading my story posts, you kinda know why). Anyways, a while ago, I signed a petition to light the White House gold for childhood cancer month since they do the same for breast cancer. I was so angry when I got an email saying they wouldn't do it. I was heartbroken...especially when I read this post, I was enraged. Seriously... thanks for nothing white house!
Did you know that childhood cancer is the LEAST funded out of all the cancer foundations?
That's so heartbreaking to me. We should be fighting for these kids who are basically getting murdered! 
Okay, I'm done. But I just want to say, please please please help anyway you can. Even just good thoughts and prayers for all of those poor kids can help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!