Monday, September 23, 2013

September Ipsy Bag

Sign up for Ipsy here!

I actually loved this weeks bag! I love blue and I love lace, so it was right up my alley. 
Not in the bag was a sample of EM makeup's new life pallete. It said you couldn't use the samples on your face, but to use them to swatch the products. I was so-so about them, and for $75, I'll pass. 

Let's move onto the fun stuff!
Initially, I was a bit disappointed that I didn't get the Butter London nail polish, but I got over it ;)

What they say:After a long day, the skyn ICELAND Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels are the perfect solution. The eye patches are easy to apply to the delicate skin under your eyes to reduce wrinkles, restore the tone and firmness, and fight free radicals to prevent premature aging.

Free of parabens, petroleum, mineral oil, sulfates, phthalates, synthetic fragrance and synthetic dye. 100% vegetarian, cruelty-free and allergy-tested. 

What I say: I haven't tried these yet, I am waiting until I have puffy eyes. I generally don't struggle with that, but I'm intrigued to see if they actually work!

What they say:An ipsy exclusive launch! This mascara was created using a unique formula that delivers BIG volume and lengthens and curls your lashes without smudging! The hourglass brush ensures that you get the right amount of mascara applied to each lash. Use the It's So Big Volumizing Mascara with the Lash Card and watch your lashes grow bigger with each layer! 
What I say: It's really NOT so big. This was a big stinker. It was so stringy and provided no volume. I trashed it. If you want a good laugh and an honest review of this mascara, watch this (it's at the very end). I was crackin' up after! Hehehe "WHY YOU GOTTA LIE". Watch it. 

What they say:This ultra matte, super-moisturizing lip balm delivers rich color and amazing staying power. This amazing lip balm is formulated with 3D Smart Film Former, which keeps colors vibrant longer. Includes a built-in brush for easy application. Wear alone or apply with the Cailyn Pearly Shimmer Balm for a more glamorous, shimmery pout. Available in 18 shades. 

Glam Bag subscribers who receive this product will receive the Big Apple shade.

What I say: I like this!  I expected it to me a moisturizing/shiny product, but it truly is matte.  It's a bit drying to me, but I used a chapstick before applying it, though, and I was good to go! I hate hate hate the packaging however. It's so bulky and takes up way too much space. They should've put it in a tube like a traditional chapstick/lip balm and I'd love it 100X more. (They should've consulted me first, hehe!) Oh, and I love the color. It's a great red!

What they say:The NYX Single Eyeshadow packs a punch of color and is incredibly easy to blend. Go edgy or understated effortlessly, and enjoy the luscious, long-wearing color from sunrise to sunset...and beyond! 
What I say: I don't like this and I think it's mainly because I got a really ugly color. I don't know anyone who wears bright yellow (it's brighter in person than in the pic) eye shadow. I'm more of a natural girl. It has OK pigmentation, not great, but it's super chalky. You can sorta see that in the picture and it leaves so much fall out. Thumbs down for me. 

What they say:The Starlooks Obsidian Kohl Eye Pencil glide across delicate lids without pulling. Try using this creamy liner to create a smoky eye or use it as a base for eyeshadows on your entire lid. Available in 11 stunning and super saturated shades!
What I say: I didn't like this. It's a very 'hard' pencil compared to other eyeliners that are so smooth and go on almost like a gel (Urban decay, Rimmel). It actually hurt my eye to apply this and the pencil itself felt very cheap (for $12!!!). I will say that it has great staying power and lasted all day. 

Here's a swatch of all the products:

Overall, not my favorite month, but that's ok! You win some and you lose some. What else can you expect when you don't get to chose what you're getting. That's just the breaks of the game! And just because I don't personally like something doesn't mean it's a bad product, it just didn't work for me. Maybe it will for you!

Sign up for Ipsy here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!