Friday, September 13, 2013

Moments of the Week+ Car troubles again?!?! and Graduation!

Y'all. I have been a terrible blogger. Pleeeeeease forgive me :)
My life has been a teensy bit crazy the last 4 days. This whole '16 hour class schedule' thing is kicking my butt. I seriously don't know how people with full time jobs do it! {My mom told me that she took 18 hours a week, plus a full time job, plus three kids!}
I am worn out. Between three tests, a lab assessment and a paper due, plus work starting this week, I haven't exhaled in the last 5 days. 
So that's my excuse for being MIA, like I said, forgive me! I plan on writing several posts this weekend to spread out through the week. 

Anyways,  ( I feel like that was a long tangent to go off on...)
Moments of the week:

1. 
This past weekend my family and I got out all our fall decorations {we like to celebrate early ;) } and we made a new wreath (we never got around to it last year. I think it looks fabulous, especially seeing that the majority of what we used to decorate it came from the Dollar Tree. I think it cost less than $10 to make!

2. 
Like I said, I had a math test this week. I really really suck at math, and it's been over 4 years since I've had a proper 'math' class. I was so lost and I was extremely nervous that I'd fail the test. But I studied my little arse off and finally felt prepared for it!
Oh, I feel the need to post this picture since we were doing quadratic equations:


3. 
Picture this: I wake up extra early for my 8am Algebra test, quickly get ready and study for the rest of the time before I had to leave to get to class. I live about 5 minutes from my school, so I leave at 7:45 to get there a bit before to cram a bit before the test. So here I am, running out the door at exactly 7:45 with my calculator and two perfectly sharpened #2 pencils in my hand. I hop in my car and turn the ignition over....and nothing. No bueno. So I try again and the same: nothing. Despite having a mini anxiety attack I try and troubleshoot the problem,
 keys in ignition-check
car in park-check
lights off------oh. 
I left the dang parking lights on from the stupid night before. 
So I completely break into a full-on panic attack. I can't breathe and I burst into tears. I'm freaking out thinking I am going to completely fail math because I missed the FIRST test, which means I won't graduate in December which basically means I will be a failure for the rest of my life (or so I thought in the moment)
I called my mom, no answer. By then, my heart is throbbing out of my chest and I completely lose it.
Finally after 20 missed calls, she finally answers and she turns around from her way to work to come drop me off.
It was now 7:51. 
I was screwed. There was no way I was going to make it by 8 and my professor locks the door right at 8 so no late people can get in. 
So I move on to my next solution. Riding my bike... but I had no bike lock and couldn't get there in less than 8 minutes (it was now 7:53)
So I went inside and emailed my professor explaining everything and called AAA to come rescue me. But then I realized that 'car troubles' is the new 'dog ate my homework' excuse. (I have to admit that I've overslept a few times and used that very excuse in high school). But this time it was for real!! I was the girl who cried car troubles.
Anyways, he emailed back and I took the test this morning. (the test was supposed to be yesterday)
But then he wanted proof that AAA really did come out to jump my car. 
 I grabbed the receipt from the battery test (The only sort of proof the AAA guy could give me) and highlighted the date and time so I could scan it to him.
Well, when I highlighted it, it smeared the date off!!! 
At this point I'm like "SERIOUSLY ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!?!?@$#U%!@#$%^&*" Story of my life. 
So pray that he will except it, ok? Thanks in advance ;)
and I swear I'm not making this up. I

Whew, that was a long story. 
Where were we?
Oh yes.

4. 

Today was a big day. BIG.
Today I officially applied for graduation! (with a 4.0 GPA nonetheless and despite the drama from the day before)
I am so proud of myself. I've worked hard and fought through blood sweat and tears to be where I am today.  I really feel like I've earned this. 
I am so excited for the next chapter in my life. I'm nervous about the change, but I know it will be worth it.
Next stop Bachelor's and then Master's!


Happy Friday y'all!

5 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!! WTG, you Beautiful Brainiac!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! graduating with a 4.0 is definitely something to be proud of!

    I LOVE the wreath! Post a tutorial?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! graduating with a 4.0 is definitely something to be proud of!

    I LOVE the wreath! Post a tutorial?

    ReplyDelete

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!