Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July Update and August Goals





I'm back for another update on my monthly goals!

July's Goals:

1. Do my daily devotional
Check! My favorite one being this:

In the scripture, it says that God didn’t lead the Israelites by the shortest route to the Promised Land; He took them the long way on purpose because they were not prepared for war. God knew that if He would have taken them into the land too quickly, they would have been easily defeated. Their enemies were much bigger and much more experienced. I’m sure they prayed many times, “God, we’re uncomfortable out here in the desert. We’re hot. We’re tired. Where’s our Promised Land?”
But God didn’t answer that prayer, not because He was trying to make their lives miserable, but because He knew what was up in front of them. He had to prepare them to step into the fullness of their destiny.
In the same way, God has already laid out the plan for your life. He knows exactly what you need and when you need it. If you are in a difficult situation that’s taking longer than you had hoped, know that God is preparing you. He is strengthening you. Stay in faith and keep praising Him as you move forward into the Promised Land He has for you!
  
2. Continue doing something active for at least an hour once everyday.
Check! I'm not sure about at least an hour, but there is lots of hard work that's been done at my grandparents!
Especially this:
cutting down trees is hard work!


3. Stress less
I don't know if I'll ever be able to fully do this, but being up here with my grandparents is a nice break from reality. I love it. 

4. Read more (and pick better books!)

I always think that I should be reading more because there are so many books I want to read, but I've finished one book "Always Something There to Remind Me" that I randomly found and decided to read. I really enjoyed it!
Oh, If you're wondering, I gave up on "Love Walked In." It stunk.


2013 Bucket List:

-Cut out processed foods
-buy local produce/go to local farmer's market more-a perk of living near farmers!
-volunteer somewhere
-have my first giveaway on my blog
-figure out my college plan
-save my money up for something big
-bake a blackberry cobbler from scratch-So picking my own blackberries didn't turn out so great, so I'm making it with frozen instead. Bummer. 
-eat better and be active-
-make new friends
-work on my scrapbook
-go on a road trip-Sarasota, Daytona, Rainbow River, Florida to Georgia!
-write a letter to myself to open in 10 years
-go camping
-read at least 8 books- 4 down, 4 to go :)
-teach myself how to sew


and now for....
August Goals:

1. Be Kind. 
I often find myself getting too absorbed in the moment, and forget to be kind. Does this happen to anyone else? I just snap with my pre-programmed answers and forget to truly listen. I want to change that!

2. Use up products before opening new ones.
I may be the only one that does this but I have like a million different hair sprays, 40 billion different soaps and I feel like I am wasting so much stuff! I want to use what I have first, then try others. 

3. Live in the Moment.
Life is too short not to, right? I

4. Read "The Fault In Our Stars", "Beautiful Ruins", "The Spectacular Now" or "Gone Girl" 
I can't make up my mind! 

There you have it! I'll check back in at the end of the month!

2 comments:

  1. I read this post and the devotional the day you published it and didn't have time to comment. I want you to know that it was at that time...and probably will continue to be...a real blessing. I need to remember that God's plan for our life is according to his will, not ours, and to be faithful to his promise is to let go and trust that he will work all things out for his glory.
    I wanted so badly for my recent CT and bone scans to come back clean and cancer free and have been praying for a miracle. Not to be, the cancer is still there and I felt so deflated and let down until I read that passage and remembered that all will work out according to his plan. NOT MINE! I need to live my life, one day at a time. Thank you for your post:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Christine! I feel so blessed that my little blurb touched you. God works in such mysterious ways and I am so glad to hear that it was such a blessing to you. You have and will have such an amazing, brave story to tell.

      Delete

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!