Wednesday, May 22, 2013

My Everyday Makeup


I feel like I need to put a disclaimer on this post, so here it goes:

Trust me, I am a drugstore beauty product kind of girl. In fact, the only time I buy any makeup for myself is if I have a coupon and it's on sale at target.

Now, that's not to say I don't enjoy higher end products. 
In fact, I swear by clinique's Three Step system.
I, personally,  just can't afford to purchase them on a regular basis. And a lot of times, drugstore products are just as good as the more expensive ones. 
So, after staying all this, you may be confused as to why I'm showing my 'everyday' makeup and I am using higher-end products.

I have two answers to that:
1. My mom, up until a week ago, worked for Neiman Marcus. She got a pretty nice discount off makeup products, and I was interested in trying the more 'expensive' brands, seeing that they would be almost half off. I, by no means, can afford to buy these things without that discount.

2. I almost always ask for higher-end products for birthday's and Christmas.
Makeup is a hobby for me. I love it, but like I said, I can't afford on my own to always buy the higher-end products. So, when people ask me what I would like for my birthday etc, I have a running list of things it would be nice to have, but that I can't buy for myself. For example, my brother will ask me what I'd like for my birthday thats under $20. While I may not spend $20 for eyeshadow, I would love to have it as a gift. 

I hope that in saying this I don't sound rude, rich or conceited, because I am neither of those things. I promise. 

Anyways, here is a look into what makeup I'm using day to day. 
1.Too Faced Natural Eye Kit 
2. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in shade 12 beige rose 
3. Elf Eyebrow Kit in shade Medium
4. WetNWIild Blush in shade Heather Silk
5. L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara 
6. Benefit Hoola Bronzer (free gift with purchase)
7. Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder in shade 10 Fair
8. Physicians Formula Happy Booster in Translucent used as a highlight
9. Revlon Lip Butter in shade Raspberry Pie
10. Urban Decay Primer Potion
11. Revlon Liquid Eyeliner Pen in shade 10 Blackened Brown


1. Real Techniques Expert Face brush  for foundation
2. EcoTools Buffing Concealer Brush for concealer
3. ELF Powder Brush for applying powder
4. ION Beauty Powder Brush (TJmaxx) for bronzer
5. Real Techniques Blush Brush for blush
6. EcoTools Petite Eye Shading Brush for applying eyeshadow on inner corner and brow bone
7. EcoTools Complexion Blending Brush for applying highlight
8 &9. Brand unknown for eyeshadow in the crease
10. Clinique Brush used bare for blending eyeshadow
11. ELF "c" Brush for applying base color all over eye

4 comments:

  1. Great post! I agree about not needing to spend money on high end vs drugstore brands.

    I use to work for 2 huge cosmetics companies and I would live to get my gratis(free products), but once I left I was ok using drugstore brands. Some of the drugstore brands are made by the higher end brands!!

    PS you are the second blogger I follow that uses that ELF brow kit!! I might have to check it out.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shon! It's nice to hear that there are other people, like me, who don't believe that just because you spent more money, it's better! Oh, and yes! Do try the elf kit! It is so similar to many higher-end brands and works just the same!

      Delete
  2. I always ask for make up at my birthday and Christmas, too! I love nice make up, but I hate spending the money on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know that I'm not alone! Hehe!!

      Delete

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!