Thursday, May 30, 2013

My Favorite Places in the World, Part One

One of the things I love the most about my mom is she always taught us the value of travel. 
She always believed that making memories and traveling the world is worth more than presents and gifts. I love that because it's true. The only thing that will truly make us immortal is our memories. 
Things are just things, but memories last forever.
Cliche, I know, but it's so true. 

Anyways, because of that, I grew up traveling. Even now, as a young adult, I love it. 
As I'm sure you can imagine, I've come across several places I love.
I thought it'd be fun to share a few with you. 
I'll start with my all time favorite place on this planet.

I'm sure you can guess...

Paris, France


I visited this city two years ago, and left my heart there. 
I'm dying for the day I get to go back. 

There is something so enchanting about this city.

 it's the lights, 

 it's the architecture,  

Oh, it's the food, the sweets, 
did I mention the crepes?


It's that feeling of love intertwined within you,  

It's Paris. 

The second I walked down the streets of Paris which were filled with bustling traffic, tiny boutiques and sidewalk cafes,  my heart was irrevocably gone.

I dream of the day when I can get lost in the streets endlessly enjoying the city again.
I daydream about riding my bike across the bridges, wearing a perfectly flowy dress with my bike basket filled with baguettes and pastries, with not a care in the world.

Oh, Paris. 
I never thought I could be in love with a city, 
but it's true.
Madly, deeply, truly. 

In fact, the highlight of my life, thus far, was standing at the top of La Tour Eiffel 
Oh no, I'm not kidding. 

While Paris might not be for everyone, (which I will never fully understand), it's certainly for me.



 That's why it's my favorite place on this planet.
You know, living in Paris would be my ultimate dream come true.
Did I mention how badly I want to go back?

{all photos were taken by my lovely older brother (pictured above to the left) during our school trip 2 years ago}

2 comments:

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!