Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My Skincare Routine


When I was 13, my mom took me to the nearest clinique counter and got me started on a daily skincare routine. She knew it was important to start me young, because my family has a history of bad skin. 
She imidiately got me started on the Clinique 3 step, and told me that if I used it everyday for a year, she would let me wear makeup.Now, years later, I am so grateful for this! I hardly ever break out, and am constantly told that my skin is well taken care of ;) Its was a lot of work at first, but now, it is just like clockwork!I thought I'd share with you my daily skin care routine:I normally only clean my face once a day (even though clinique recommends twice) because I really don't have time in the mornings. I always clean my face straight out of the shower (I shower at night). 

First things first, I ALWAYS take my makeup off. I cant even lay down in bed with the thought of having mascara and foundation on my face. I have to let my face breathe!I use Target's Up&up face wipes

Honestly, I swear by these! I have tried the name brands (ponds) and I find these work 100X better. They remove waterproof mascara, and get every inch of my foundation off. They aren't oily and leave my face smelling great.I use these wipes in place of a face wash, just because I am too lazy to do both :)

Next, I use Step Two in the Clinique three step, which is the Clarifying Lotion (I use number two)


"Helps clear away pollution, dulling flakes for smooth, glowing skin. Helps pores look their smallest. Skin accepts moisture better. Grows more resistant to impurities. Stays healthier, younger. Dermatologist-reformulated to be comfortable, non-drying."
I havent figured out why they call it a "lotion", because it most certainly is not. I use this with a cotton ball and wipe all over my face with medium pressure (dont press hard or you will burn your face...ouch!). It does sting a bit ( but I like that) and you can see all the dirt and dead skin come off on the cotton ball. This product gives my skin that "clean" feeling!


Then I moisturize with step three of the three step: Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel


"The oil-free moisture "drink" developed by Clinique's dermatologists to maintain optimal moisture balance for skins comfortable in the cheeks but oily in the T-zone or oily all over. Oil-free formula softens, smooths, improves.'
If I was stranded on a deserted Island and could only bring one thing, this would be it. I seriously couldn't live without it! It is what makes my skin feel "normal" and smooth. I also love that it never leaves my skin oily!



 After, I use Turnaround Concentrate Radiance Renewer also by Clinique. Now, this product does have a hefty price tag, but I can honestly tell you that it is worth every single penny!




"Fast acting exfoliating serum instantly creates a luminous-from-within radiance. Reveals skin's finest texture, too. Works to optimise natural cell renewal, gently, continually, unveiling skin that's brighter, healthier, more uniform. Becomes softer, younger over time.
This product leaves my skin feeling like a baby's bum! I also love that it makes my makeup so easy to apply. Not only that, but it helps my skin for the long run as well!


Once a week, I do use a mask to clear my pores. I love Origins Clear Improvement




When environmental toxins, dirt and debris get under your skin, its waste-filtering system gets jammed, pores get clogged, skin looks cloudy. Nature's complexion clean-up crew gets to the bottom of skins overcast condition and clears the way for it to act its best. Activated Charcoal acts like a magnet to draw out deep-dwelling pore-cloggers, White China Clay absorbs environmental toxins, Lecithin dissolves impurities. Without all that "stuff" down there, skin "breathes a sigh of relief." Best for all skin types

I apply this in the shower right as I am about to get out. Then I let it dry , and rinse it off in the sink.


Lastly, I always apply lip balm to keep my lips moisturized.  My lips get so dry (especially during the winter) so this is crucial. I swear I have tried every lip balm on the market, but I love EOS Lip Balm


 


eos lip balm is 95% organic, 100% natural, and paraben and petrolatum free. Packed with antioxidant-rich vitamin E, soothing shea butter and jojoba oil, eos keeps your lips moist, soft and sensationally smooth

I love all the flavours (especially the strawberry) and the actual package is adorable (its shaped like a lemon almost!)It definetly keeps my lips soft and it tastes good at the same time...come on you know what I mean!I also love that it is organic! You can get it at CVS for less than $2.50!


So, thats it! Did I completely bore you to death? Hope not :)

If there is one thing I learned, its that good skin takes work. If youre committed to doing a cleaning routine every single day, good skin should come naturally. Especially if you have the right products.

While yes, some of the products I use are expensive, but they are worth it!I have learned when to spend the money and when to not. (for example, I use target $3 wipes, but $42 moisturizer)So I recommend going to a department store and asking for a facial treatment that will work best for you, then shop around to be sure you have found the best products for your skin!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!