Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Learning to Love yourself: 31 days of LOVE

Something I struggle a lot with is comparison.

My daily thought process goes something like this:
I'm not as thin as her.
I'm not as pretty as her.
I'm not as smart as her. 
I'm not as athletic as her.
I'm not as funny as her.
I'm not as personable as her.
I'm not as talented as her. 
I'm certainly, absolutely nothing compared to her. 
and by no means could anybody love me because I am less than her. 


But what I think many young girls, myself included, tend to forget is that
We are all already loved.
We are loved not because of a number on a scale, not for the amount of makeup we wear, not for the clothes we wear.
We are all worth more than that!

I am loved regardless of all of those preconceived ideas of what I should be.

In a reality, I am none of those things.
Those things don't define who I am. 

I have this image taped onto my bathroom mirror and look at it everyday:


It's so true, and something I continually have to remind myself. 

Learning to love myself won't happen overnight or even over a few weeks. 
It's a daily process that will take time to change. 
But that's ok! I start with baby steps, knowing that the end result will be worth it.

A couple weeks ago, this video went viral. 
I definitely reccomend spending the time to watch it. 






2 comments:

  1. So very powerful and inspiring for females of all ages!!! Thanks AC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the video!

    ReplyDelete

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!