Monday, December 2, 2013

November Ipsy Bag

 I feel like I say this every month, but I swear this is the best bag yet!
I was shocked to get 6 products this month (normally 4-5) and all the products were things I'd actually wear and brands that I like or have been wanting to try!

Here's what I got:
 Starting from the left...

What they say:
Glamour is an attitude as much as a look, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't look the part...all the way down to your fingertips! Just in time for the year's most glamorous season, nailtini is serving ipsters gorgeous nails in two shimmering shades - icy golden Champagne and molten pewter Caviar Cocktail. The perfect finishing touch to glam it up head to toe! 

Just one of Nailtini's top-shelf, 3-free nail lacquer, available in dozens of shades, textures and finishes. Wear them alone or layered to create custom looks and effects, each one a cocktail unto itself. Cheers to beauty, and as always, apply responsibly! 

What I say: I have a slight obsession with rose gold recently so I couldn't be more excited when I saw this color!
I've tried Nailtini before and like them, and this is by far the best color ever. 
I even like it better than Essie's Penny Talk. 
Only thing is that I've used it several times already and it definitely shows in the picture above :)

What they say:
A glossy lip crayon with a smooth texture that is perfect for travel and touch-ups on the go. 

To use: Apply to top and bottom lips for full coverage. For sheer coverage, apply to lower lip only and blot lips together. For more color, apply several coats until you receive desired results. 

What I say: This is a great, classic red. I like the crayon format because it's easier to apply and to stay in the lines per say. This is not only moisturizing (nothing worse than a dry red) and actually stains the lips so it lasts all day. 

What they say: 
The TRESemmé® TRES Two Extra Hold Hairspray provides flexible control that gives hair hold without the stickiness. The humdity-resistant formula keeps flyaways smooth for 24 hours. 

What I say: I've actually been buying this for years. It's great because it holds a curl wonderfully but doesn't leave my chair crunchy. This is a great size to throw in my purse!

What they say:
This bronzing powder gives your complexion the warmth and luminosity of naturally sunkissed skin. Hydrating, silky-smooth & long-wearing, it also protects against free radicals. Contains Vitamin E to protect the skin and mica, which provides dense natural pigment. 

What I say: 
I was really excited about this because it's the perfect shade for contouring!
Typically, bronzers are used for contouring, but it looks more natural to use a shade like this for that purpose.
I'm pale (real shocker there) and this shade goes great under my cheekbones and under my neck. I only wish this was completely matte, as it has a bit of shimmer in it. 


What they say:
The Starlooks Gem Eye Pencils provide a magnificent metallic finish and are so versatile, soft, and creamy that they can be used as a liner or eyeshadow base! Each highly-pigmented, unique pencil has a gorgeous, micro-glitter finish. 

What I say: I will admit I was a teensy bit disappointed when I saw another Starlooks eyeliner in my bag, but when I swatched this, I quickly fell in love! This shade is going to be absolutely beautiful for the holidays!
I can't wait to glam it up with this eyeliner.
See what I'm talking about in the swatch below :)

 What they say:
Inspired by the girl whose lips deserve as much TLC as she does. This cushiony, lip-smoothing balm gives your lips extra love with a sheer dose of color. Bright pops of color tints for a juicy lip look. 

What I say:
I was really excited to see this brand in my bag. (If you don't know, the creator of Ipsy, Michelle Phan, just released her own makeup brand!)
While I don't think that this is ultra moisturizing, I do think it adds a great hint of color and shine to the lips. I just wished it actually smelled like creamsicles!

 As always, here's the swatches of all the products. 
{ignore the scab on my hand... sorry!}

All in all, I couldn't be more happy with my bag this month! I actually loved all the products (a first for me) and will use each of them. 
If you haven't tried Ipsy yet, you are missing out

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!