Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly: College Classes

I thought it might be fun to do a little review of my last two years of college classes. Here we go!

The Most Challenging Class: Most definitely, 100% College Algebra. Not only was the material hard for me, but it was just so dang time consuming. 

Class You Were Bored the Most in: Composition 2. I honestly felt like there was no point. In Comp 1, I actually learned a lot but Comp 2 was just redundant. Plus my professor was just plain bizarre. 

Class that Embarrassed me Most: Theatre Appreciation. It was an arts class I needed  otherwise I would've never taken it. Part of our grade was to join in on a flash mob. It was mortifying. Public Communications was a close second, though. 

 Class that I wish I would have Tried Harder In: Intro to Biology. I took it this past semester and with 5 classes (one of those being College Algebra) I just didn't have the time to study like I needed to. It was that I didn't try, because I did, it was just that I didn't have the time I needed to devote to the class. 

Class that I learned The Most In: Nutrition. That class helped me so much, especially with my own health. I still carry what I learned in that class with me, whether it's walking through the grocery store or at the gym.

Most Overrated Class: Philosophy. I felt like everyone kept telling me how awesome it was and how it will change your life. Well, no. In fact, most of the time I thought it was just annoying (WHO CARES 'why?'). Mostly because I take pride in the fact that I often don't have an opinion on things. Politics, religion debates, and social issues, I mostly stay out of. It's not that I don't care, because I do, it's just I don't like to start fights. (I'm also a tish of a people pleaser who doesn't like confrontation) Philosophy did get me thinking in a sense, but it did not change my life.

Favorite Class: I loved both Sociology classes I took, especially Marriage and Family. The subject was just so interesting to me and I found myself so intrigued. It was the only class I actually enjoyed reading the textbook.

There it is... the good, the bad, the ugly of my college classes thus far!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!