Monday, December 30, 2013

Beauty Favorites: BEST of 2013!


For the past year, I've been sharing my beauty favorites each month. To see each one, click here. I thought it would be fun to post my favorite products for the year, instead of doing a December favorites. Without further adieu, I introduce my Best of 2013 beauty favorites!


1. Skin Care:

100% hands down my Clarisonic. It cleans my skin deeper than I ever could before and leaves my skin feeling so soft and smooth. It's pricey but I truly think it's worth it. Plus, since I use it every single day, the cost-per-use strategy stands strong for this one!



and my last skin care favorite, which has been my favorite for literally 6 years, is the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. It moisturizes my skin without leaving it oily. It doesn't make me breakout and makes my skin also very soft. 
If I could only bring two things to a deserted island it would be the Clarisonic (assuming I could charge it) and this moisturizer. 


2. Primer

I'm not sure if eye primer counts but it's the only primer I've used religiously this year. It's the Urban Decay Original Primer Potion. I love that it gives my eyeshadow something to 'stick' to in a sense and that even if it's a poorly pigmented shadow, it still looks great over this. I bought the full size after christmas last year and I am just now about out of it. It lasts forever!

3. Foundation
This was the year of finding a foundation for me. I feel like I tried about every single one available. When I finally tried the Urban Decay Naked Skin, I fell in love. There were a couple things I needed in a foundation: It had to be light weight, but medium coverage, doesn't smell and doesn't turn orange on my skin (oxidizes). This foundation met all these needs and I really recommend it. While I love drugstore, I do think that if you are going to spend a lot of money on something, choose skincare or foundations. I really think that most of the time you really do get what you pay for. (I'm in shade 0.5 if your wondering. #palegirlproblems)

4. Powder

While I don't typically use powder on its own, I do use it to set my foundation. This year, I've been absolutely loving the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder. It's light but locks in my foundation all day. I don't typically get oily, but over the summer I used it when my skin was looking a bit shiny. It really does make you stay matte! Plus, at $5, you can't beat it. 

5. Concealer
I got this NYX Full Coverage Concealer in the tail end of the year and couldn't be more happy with it. Like I've said a billion times, this past school semester brought a lot of dark circles. I find that this shade in porcelain is very peachy which counteracts those circles. It's full coverage but not too thick, it covers blemishes nicely and lasts all day.


6.  Bronzer
I love my deluxe sample of the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer. It's perfect for contouring because it's matte and is actually a great shade for my pale skin. PLUS, it smells like chocolate heaven. I'm not sure if I am going to fork over the $30 for a full size, though. 


7. Blush

I got this NYX Blush in Spice in an ipsy bag and have been using it non-stop since. It looks a bit intimidating (it's waaaay more red in person) but applied lightly to my cheeks, it looks like the perfect natural flush color. It's very pigmented which is great because this will last forever. 

8. Highlight


Physicians Formula Happy Booster in Translucent Pearl  is the perfect highlight! It's not too glittery but adds a nice glow to your skin. Plus this is always on sale at CVS. 

9.  Brows
I can't tell you how many of these Elf Eyebrow Kit (in medium) I've been through. I only use the wax side (on the left) and it is the perfect shade for my brows. I love how cheap it is and that it make my brows look naturally more full. I thought about buying a more expensive brand to try, but can never bring myself to do it because I love this one so much!


10. Eyeshadow

Of all the shadow palettes that I've tried, I keep coming back to this one. They shadows are all amazing quality and are the perfect neutral colors for me. I've had it for over a year now and have used is regularly and still haven't hit pan. 

11. Eyeliner

I love love love the Urban Decay Double Ended Eyeliner. The black and brown are perfect colors for me. The eyeliner is so smooth to apply and does last all day. Once again, I got this last christmas and use it almost everyday and am just now almost out. 



12. Mascara
I have never been in love with a mascara before I tried the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. I never knew what I was missing out on! It make my lashes look longer and more voluminous without being clumpy. Only bad thing is the price, but I have a few samples (did you know that most mascara samples are about .17 oz, and full sizes are .27 oz, which means that your getting about half the full size?? That's crazy, right?!) and when I had the 20% off coupon at Ulta, a grabbed a full size. 

13. Lips


While I do love the Revlon Lip Butters, I like the Maybelline Color Whispers  a bit more. They're lighter and smoother and doesn't feel like a normal lipstick. They aren't too sheer but give my lips a nice pop of color. My favorite shades are A Rose Attraction, Coral Ambition and Pink Possibilities. 

14. Brushes
I don't think I will ever pay a lot of money for brushes after finding these. Real Techniques brushes are the best on the market. I use the Expert Face Brush everyday for foundation, the blush one, the powder brush and I could go on and on. I haven't found one I don't like. I just got the sponge and it is amazing as well (I won't buy the beauty blender after using it because it's better!) If you need to invest in good quality makeup brushes without breaking the bank, definitely try these out. 



and that's it! Whew, that was a lot, but what have been your beauty favorites this past year? Have you tried any that I listed above? Did you like or dislike? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!