Monday, January 7, 2013

I have a confession

                                                            Source: zarifadam.tumblr.com via Amber on Pinterest


I love books.
but I have specific taste.

Let me explain...

I am a romantic.
you know, like the kind you learn about in english class

dickinson
poe
 shelly
austen
shakespeare
hugo

just to name a few

but I am also a romantic in the "love" sense.
I like love stories.

Source: lovetwenty.com via Amber on Pinterest

sorry if that makes you want to vomit.
trust me, 
I kind of hate that I like it.

I try so hard to read a compelling crime drama
or a memoir,
but I just can't.
I always find my way back to those cheesy love stories.

and......

I like nicholas sparks.
there. I said it.

I know.
someone always dies.
the stories are basically the same.

but there is something about them that I love.
I can't quite pin point it
but I do.

I'm actually embarrassed by it.

You see,
I make fun of the whole "twilight" thing
I don't like the hunger games

I just can't read books that are popular
I think it's lame
overrated.

I realize this makes me a hypocrite
because Sparks is popular.
(for goodness sakes, almost every book is a movie!)

                                                                 Source: bellesandbeaches.tumblr.com via Amber on Pinterest


but for some reason
I enjoy him.
his books, I mean
I can't help it.
I just do.

so sue me.

4 comments:

  1. “To love another person is to see the face of God.”
    ― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables

    ReplyDelete
  2. one of the highlights of my life is meeting Nicholas Sparks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was mine too! I loved hearing him talk about the reasons he wrote his novels. It was touching!

      Delete

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!