Tuesday, February 19, 2013

it's the small things.


I may or may not have shared this with you,
 but when I was 14 years old, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor in my pituitary gland. 
The future didn't look great.
As I'm sure you can imagine, I was scared.
Those were some of the darkest days of my life.

However, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt, 100%, that the only reason why I am here today as a healthy 19 year old is because of the grace of god.
One day I will share my story with you, but not today. 
Today, I want to show you what made those dark days better.
It's the small things, right?

During this unimaginable time in my life, I was surrounded with an army of people who love me. 
This was the biggest blessing.
I was never ever alone. 

The people who came together to fight with me are forever burned onto my heart. 
While they did give me the gift of their presence, they also gave me another gift:
a charm bracelet. 

Each one of them bought me a charm to wear so that I could look down and see that I wasn't alone.


This is my most treasured possession.

Each charm represents that person to me.
They all carry a very special meaning.

The actual bracelet is from James Avery.
The charms are mostly James Avery, but I also have some from Kohls.

They chose this specific bracelet because between each hook is a twist in the shape of the infinity symbol.
This symbolizes Gods eternal love for me {and everyone for that matter}.



Like I said, each charm was picked by that person to represent themselves.
I won't say who because to you, it won't make sense
but to this day, I can still name which person each charm came from. 
 I have a turtle 
Howdy charm {Yes, us Texans do say this :) }


a butterfly {of course}


a princess crown


and way up there is another turtle charm. 
I call this one the "baby" turtle cause he's smaller. 


As I was looking on their website, I found so many more charms that make me think of certain people who definitely have shaped my life in some way.
I'd love to start to add more "people" onto my bracelet.


I love this bracelet. I treasure it because means the world to me.
It's amazing how something so small can mean so much.


1 comment:

  1. Aw, I love this post! Thanks so much for sharing! I love when "things" actually have a meaning for the heart! <3

    ReplyDelete

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!