Monday, February 24, 2014

The Lizzie Bennet Diaries

Hey, do you wanna know how I spent my entire weekend?

Well, don't you worry, I am about to tell you.

On friday, I decided to start watching a web series called The Lizzie Bennet Diaries. I didn't expect to go through ALL 100(!!) videos by the time sunday night rolled around, but that's just what I did. I'm surprised I just now found out about it, (it's over a year or so old) but once I started, I just could.not.stop.


To say the least, It was really really good. Basically it's a modern adaptation of 'Pride and Prejudice' through a video blog online. It's funny, clever and even at times emotional and sad. Not only that, but it's just a genius way to re-tell the story. The way they take the original and adapt it to current issues is just amazing. (Not to mention that it's an Emmy award winner series!)

 I kinda was sad when I came to the end and now I wanna watch it all over again. 
Now, I've moved on to their current series, Emma Approved, an adaptation of Austen's novel 'Emma.' 

 If you love Jane Austen definitely check it out. Even if you don't, I still feel like you'll love it because it makes the story feel so much more relatable to this day and age.  
Beware, though, because once I started it, I completely lost my weekend. 

To watch the series from the beginning, click here!

{I should note my serious new crush on Bing Lee. He's gorgeous. }

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!