Tuesday, February 11, 2014

My 10 Favorite Romance Movies

One of my biggest hobbies (if you can call it that) is watching movies. I have a ton of favorites but I especially enjoy the sappy, romantic ones; they get me every time. While I love indulging in holiday movies around Christmas, I also love watching gushy love stories around Valentine's Day. Call it silly or cheesy, but I love it.

So, I thought that today I'd round up some of my favorite romantic films just in time for the day of love!

10.  PS. I love you. 

This is one of few movies that actually made me cry. It's a beautifully sad tale of loss with a remarkably tear-worthy final act of love. Plus, I just love all the breathtakingly beautiful scenes in Ireland!


9. Where the Heart is
The movie was based on one of my favorite books with the same title.  It's actually a pretty good adaptation of the novel so I always enjoy watching it. It's sad, it's funny and although it's not completely a love story, it still makes for a great girly film. 

8. The Lucky One
Also another great movie adaptation of a favorite novel. Plus, I mean it's Zac Efron. How could you go wrong? I could just watch this movie on mute and be happy.
 ;)

7. Pride and Prejudice

A classic. I know that a lot of people prefer the BBC series, but I really like this movie better. Mr. Darcy is everything I pictured him to be and I think Kiera is perfectly stubborn just like Elizabeth. This is a movie (even if you haven't read the book) that just leaves you feeling endlessly hopeful that love really does conquer all.  


6. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days.
I've seen this movie far too many times because I can seriously quote almost all the lines. It's hilarious and the epitome of a girly chick flick but of course still has that fairy tale ending. 
*Krull, Krull the warrior king*

5. Sixteen Candles. 
Okay, admit it. At one point or another we ALL wanted to date Jake Ryan. Am I right!?!?
This is a cleverly romantic tale that most of us can relate to our own high school experiences at one time or another. 

4. Sweet Home Alabama


This has to be an all time favorite for me. It's heartwarming and funny but also isn't raunchy like most romance movies seem to be nowadays. It's cute and quirky and it just makes your heart....happy for lack of a better word!
{ Plus, over the summer my grandpa and I visited the place where the majority of it was filmed! It was cool to see and made me connect to the movie even more. }

3. Pretty in Pink
My mom and I are in deep debate on this movie. I side with Duckie (he was there for her through it all!), her with Blane. Nevertheless, John Hughes did it again with this classic love story. This movie couldn't be more relevant for most teens, whether it be now or the 1980's. 

 2. When Harry Met Sally
Another classic. Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal have just amazing chemistry in this movie. It's a tale of the remarkable progression and development of friendship to love. I always enjoy the cynical view of love that this movie portrays because it makes it seem that much more real. I'll watch this movie over and over again and will never tire of it. 


 and drumroll please.....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


1. The Notebook
You had to know it was coming, right? I have to say, I think this is the best romantic movie ever made. Add on the fact that I adore the novel (yes, more than the film) and this movie couldn't get any better. 
Plus, Ryan Gosling + a beard+ soaking wet... I mean.......

 This is another fantastic story of long lost love being reunited in such an extraordinary way. I don't know, maybe I'm crazy, but one day I hope to find a love like Noah and Alli's.
 (I know, I know. Me and the entire female species)

What are your favorite romance movies? Did any you love make my list?

5 comments:

  1. Love all of your selections! I absolutely <3 When Harry Met Sally!! I've also been loving I Hate Valentine's Day, and Valentine's Day! They have been in my DVD player all week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Valentine's day! That's another one of my favorites that should've been on the list ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! What an amazing list! I love watching romance flicks every once in a while, especially when I get that giddy feeling over it. Hahaha! I have yet to watch some of those films, so I'm definitely doing a marathon this weekend from top to bottom! Thank you so much for sharing!

    Simon Walker @ The Viewlorium

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed this blog post. It is inspiring and informative.
    Best Romantic Movies

    ReplyDelete

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!