Sunday, March 24, 2013

March Monthly My Glam Bag



It's that time again!
I can't believe that I am already at the end of my subscription!
I got a three month trial, and I am still debating if I want to continue on. 
I loved January's and February's bag, but March's kinda disappointed me.
By no means was it bad, I did receive a few things I liked, but also a few I didn't.
I guess that's the breaks of the game, right?
So here is what I got:

The bag was adorable! I loved the nautical print and the stripes!

First were these wipes:
La Fresh Travel Lite Makeup Remover Wipes

 What They Say:
La Fresh® Travel Lite® portable towlette wipes are perfect for jetsetters, go-getters, outdoor enthusiasts and multi-taskers everywhere. Towlette packets are small in size, designed for practicality and are easy to apply discreetly. Each item is carry-on friendly and slim enough to slip into a pocket, purse or wallet. Perfectly portable, La Fresh® makes beauty a breeze when you’re on-the-go. For a refreshing getaway, grab any Travel Lite® and Live. Life. La Fresh.™ 

Travel Lite™ personal amenities are made in sunny Southern California with clean renewable solar energy! These makeup remover wipes feature biodegradable and compostable materials.

What I say:
While my go-to makeup removers are the olay wipes that you have to get wet, I do use the pre-moistened wipes to supplement sometimes. I will definitely use these and I plan on saving them for traveling. I also love that they are eco-friendly!


Next:
Juice Beauty Hydrating Mist
 What They Say:
Juice Beauty Hydrating Mist tones, hydrates, and refreshes your face and hair while on the go, anytime of the day. Hydrate with the refreshing blends of organic juices for a fresh, radiant complexion. 


What I Say:
I hated the smell of this. Honestly, I really couldn't get past it, and after reading several other reviews, I know I'm not the only one. It could be a great product, but I am really sensitive to smells because I get headaches easily.
I will say, though, that I gave this to my mom who has dry skin, and she loves it! I asked her if she liked the way it smelled, and she said it didn't bother her.
To each it's own I guess!



Next:
 Glam RX Mini Freestyle Palette
What They Say:
The GlamRX Mini Freestyle Palette was made exclusively for ipsy Glam Bag subscribers. The magnetic base is the perfect spot to store pan-only eyeshadows (2 of which are included in this Glam Bag!), blushes & bronzers, or whatever you need for perfect for quick touch ups on the go! Whether you are headed off to spring break or just need a cute & clever way to store products in your bag, you can create the perfect makeup look and take it with you with your exclusive GlamRX Mini Freestyle Palette.

 What I Say:
I have to say, I've been wanting to buy a Z Palette (which is basically the same thing)for a while now, so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw this! I love the concept of saving room in your makeup collection, because I have far too many singles to count. If this is cheaper than the Z Palette, then I might buy it!

and to go into the palette:
 Yaby Eye Shadows
What They Say:
Whether you want to make a dramatic statement or just add a veil of color to your eyes, the yaby eyeshadow refills are extremely easy to work with. Can be used wet or dry and the smooth texture allows blending with ease. All shadows are vegan friendly and the pans are reusable for mixing. Glam Bag subscribers receive two of 80 fabulous shades. 


What I Say:
I am more of a neutral eye person over using wild colors, so I was a bit thrown off by the blue color.
(Blue on top, beige on bottom)
The blue was a really great shadow. It was velvet-y and very pigmented.
The beige was extremely chalky. Can you see the difference on my fingers?
And it barely showed up when I swatched it on my hand.

I liked how they were the perfect size for my glamRX palette!


 and that's it! I have to say 2 out of 4 aint bad, and I will definitely use all of what I got (I am one of those 'Waste not want not' believers).

So do you think I should continue my subscription? It's only ten dollars a month,
which doesn't seem that bad, but when I think of it being $120 a year, it seems crazy! I really like the concept and I've received a lot of products I loved. I think I might just go month-by-month...
what would you do?
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!