Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Two girls, one lipstick.


Recently, when my grandparents came to visit, my grandma (whom I call 'Nana') and I were cleaning out my bathroom.
While we were going through some of my drawers, she pulled out my most beloved tube of lipstick.
The conversation went something like this:

~"Amber, Do you use this lipstick?"
~"Yes, that's my favorite. I use it everyday."
~"I have that exact same shade. That's my favorite! I use it everyday, too!"

and we both erupt in laughter.
 Unbeknownst to us, we had been wearing the exact same lipstick.
It was like this one lipstick had united us.
It made me feel like no matter how far we are from each other, 
I will always be able to share this simple fact with her.
Not only that, but I think knowing this made us both realize how much we are alike.
We both need organization to thrive.
We both love to please others.
We both are generous with our time and love, even though sometimes we shouldn't.
We both are sensitive at heart, even though we put on a tough shield on the outside.

So no matter where life takes us, and how far apart we are,
I know that somewhere out there, my Nana is wearing Revlon's Berry Smoothie
and so am I. 

4 comments:

  1. That's my fav too! I have it in a peach color. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have way too many to admit! They rock!

      Delete
  2. This is AWESOME!!! I love this post!! Keep writing AC!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!