Okay, so anyways, the purpose of this post is to play this little game that my family often plays. (mostly because I can't think of anything else to write about at the moment) If we are in the car for a long period of time or the rare moments when we are all sitting together eating dinner, we play this game. Basically, we just come up with a bunch hypothetical questions and ask them to each other. (don't know what hypothetical means? Just imagine a case in which you know!) OK, OK, I'll stop. I'm getting a little carried away, it must be my mood.
ANYWAY, I thought it would be fun to ask you all some hypothetical questions and I could answer some too! Some of these I came up with and some I consulted google for.
We will start with an easy one:
1. If your house was on fire, all of your family and animals are safe and you somehow had five minutes to run back in and grab something, what would you get?
This one's easy for me. First thing would be my computer, duh. A long time ago, we scanned a bunch of old pictures so all our photos are on it. Second would be my quilt my grandma made for me. It's a t-shirt quilt made from all my childhood t-shirts. (one day I will have to show you.) Third, if I had time, would be a water bottle. I'm sure by then I'd be parched.
2. You have won a prize. The prize has two options, and you can choose either (but not both). The first option is a year in Europe with a monthly stipend of $2,000. The second option is ten minutes on the moon.
Which option do you select?
If you know anything about me, you should know which one I'd pick. Actually, if you have a brain you'd know what ANYONE would pick. Most definitely, I'd choose the first option. I mean, who would even want or even volunteer to go to the moon. Haven't you seen that movie "Gravity"? I haven't and there is a reason why.
Plus, it's freaking Europe and $2,000 more than I have right now. Also, ten minutes? I doubt the ride there would even be worth it!
3. (For this question, if you're currently in a mate relationship then answer as if you were single) You have the chance to meet someone with whom you can have the most satisfying love imaginable -- the stuff of dreams. However, you know that in six months the person will have a sexual affair with someone else, and then when you eventually find out they will leave you for them and want nothing more to do with you. Knowing the pain that would follow, would you still want to meet the person and fall in love and experience the 6 months of bliss? You would forget your foreknowledge of the events in store for you, too.
Uh, no! Why would I want to torture myself that way? Plus, if it was really the most 'satisfying love imaginable' I'd hope that that person would love me enough to not sleep with anyone else. If he does, I'd have to seriously doubt that that love was true.
4.You are offered $1,000,000 USD (or the equivalent in whatever currency) for the following act: Before you are ten pistols -- only one of which is loaded. You must pick up one of the pistols, point it at your forehead, and pull the trigger. If you can do this and walk away you do so a millionaire. Would you accept the risk?
Uh NO. Again, do I look like an idiot!?!?
5. Someone very close to you is in pain, paralyzed, and you 'somehow' know for certain that they will die within a month. He begs you to give him a fast-acting, painless poison so that he can die. No one else would ever know. Would you?
I think that I would have to know 100% for SURE that A: they are going to die and B: they want me to... but ultimately, yes I think I would.
6. You suddenly have to choose a character in 'Friends' that you are most like, who is it?
Well, of course I'd love to be Rachel I mean she's Rachel! But I would've chosen Ross way sooner than the last flipping episode . I really like Phoebe because we have the same sense of humor (Smelly cat, smelly cat, what are they feeding you?) BUT, I am also very Monica-like because we are both a tish OCD and paranoid, only problem is I can't cook to save my life.
So... I DON'T KNOW! Maybe Joey?
7. Would you be willing to spend a night alone in a remote house that is supposedly haunted, just for the sake of it? (knowing nothing more about the history of the house than that) There is no electricity though there is running water and other utilities, and you can bring your own flashlight and/or lantern and such. The nearest neighbors live 5 miles away.
Hmm... let me think..... NOfreakingWAY! Not that I really believe in that 'stuff, and I'm not easily scared. It's just that I'm sure my mind would just love to imagine a bunch of stuff and I'd be scared shitless. (oops, sorry Nana if you're reading this. I meant crapless.)
Plus, I've seen too many scary movies where, in this situation, I would end up dead.
8. If you had $1million to spend however you wanted, but you will die in 7 days, what will you do with it?
I would split it between my family members/loved ones and then I would donate the rest to a children's hospital and JDRF. Oh and I'd buy a pair of Louboutins to wear until I die. Just being honest, here! ;) Because of course I have leave this Earth fabulously in style.
9. If someone offered to tell you accurately where you will be in life 20 years from now, even though you are powerless to change what they tell you, would you?
I am a curious person by nature, so I think as much as I'd like to say no, I know that I would say yes. Plus, I like to be prepared.
Finally, 10. You're being held at gunpoint, and the gunman asks you for one reason why he shouldn't pull the trigger, what do you tell him?
I have two answers for this:
A: I'd tell him that he does't want to kill me. Not truly anyway. Then I would say that I am just a silly little girl, not worth a wasted bullet. I would say also (assuming I had time) that I also really have to pee and shooting me would just be a bigger mess certainly not one he wants to clean up afterwards!
B: I'd tell him a really really funny joke. Maybe this one:
"why did Sally fall of the swing?" "why? "because she had no arms"
"knock knock" "who's there?" "not Sally"
Or maybe this one:
Why was the letter C afraid of the other letters?
They were Not-Cs.
That's it for now! Please feel free to answer these questions in the comments section or on your blog! Make sure you send me the link so I can check it out :)