Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tuesday's Tunes: Summer Anthems

A while ago I used to do something here on the blog called "tuesday's tunes," where I'd share music I've been enjoying recently. Well, I haven't done one in a while so I figured today is the day!

Music evokes memories to me especially during summertime.
I tend to have several summer anthems year after year and every time I hear them I'm transported back to that year's summer. 

For example, "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae and "What Makes You Beautiful" by One direction, and "Payphone" by Maroon 5 are last year's summer songs. 
Every time I hear them, I am transported to the front seat of my grandma's car trying not to laugh at my Nana's dancing and I'm singing at the top of my lungs, whilst looking back at my cousins doing the very same thing. 
Oh, sweet summer time. 


Anyways, I think I've found this summer's anthems...

1. Florida Georgia Line- Cruise (Remix) Ft. Nelly. 

I looooove this song, dare I say my favorite one right now. It instantly puts me in a good mood. My cousins and I have the entire song down to a tee and always sing along when it comes on--with our windows down, of course!!


2.  Justin Timberlake-Mirrors

Ok, so NSYNC might've been the very first concert I ever went too, did I really just admit that!?!?!
I love the words, the beat, and of course, JT. 
We all sing to this one too.
Ok, I need to stop saying that because we do that to every song!

3. Taylor Swift- 22



You know I had to at least mention one song by my girl T-Swizzle. 
and even though I've been jamming to this song since it came out last October, I think this is the perfect summer song. It makes me want to dance around and sing into my hair brush. 

5. Maroon 5- Daylight

Did you know that Maroon 5 is my favorite band?
I remember listening to them in 3rd grade when my mom finally bought me the "Songs About Jane" album. I fell in love with the song "She will be Loved" It's still my favorite song to this day. 
Anyways, last year it was Payphone, this year it's Daylight. (even though I was still listening to it last summer!) Oh, adam levine.... Marry me?

and there you have it! My summer playlist.


Honorable Mentions:

Luke Bryan- Drunk on You
One Direction- Kiss You
Imagine Dragons-Radioactive
Jason Aldean- Big Green Tractor (This song is so ridiculous it's funny. But catchy. )
Taylor Swift- All Too Well (Not a summer song, but I love it anyways.)
Hot Chelle Rae- I Like It Like That


2 comments:

  1. You've got a few of my favs. listed...cannot wait to check out the others! Thanks AC!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, thank you! You're the one who showed me how much music can affect you!!

      Delete

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!