Wednesday, September 17, 2014

The ABC's of Book Lovers!


I thought I'd do this fun quiz...The ABC's for books!

Author you read the most books from: Probably Nicholas Sparks. I am not a fan of every single novel (The Best Of Me being one I don't really prefer) but I'm pretty sure I've read all his books besides two: The Choice and his most recent one. 

Best Sequel ever: I really loved If You Leave, which was the sequel to If You Stay. I liked the main guy character a lot, and it was just as cheesy and cute as the first one. (Beware, I did NOT like the third book the the series). 

Currently Reading: With school and work right now, I haven't had a chance to pick up another book. But I just finished reading Nash and LOVED it. It was really 
relatable to my life, so I enjoyed it! (Note: Nash is the fourth book in the Marked Men series)

Drink of choice while reading: I don't really drink anything while reading...to much multitasking. But I love coffee, tea and hot chocolate! 



E-reader or Physical book: Both! For books that I really love, I want a physical copy of, but generally, I look and see which is cheaper (amazon or nook) and then buy based off that! 


Fictional character you would have actually dated in high school:  Surprise, surprise. Augustus Waters. SWOON! He can tell me "okay" any day, any time. 


Glad you gave this book a chance: 50 Shades. I know, I know. But I was curious and read it. Sue me. The first book was not my thing at all and I almost stopped reading it several times...but I kept with it and stuck it out until the end. I don't know why, but when I got to the second book, I enjoyed it more. I was able to get past all that kinky crap and see a pretty cute love story. 


Hidden gem book: When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead. I feel like I haven't really heard of anybody talk about this book. It's fantastic. It's one of those where you really only understand it until the very end and when you do, it's like MIND.BLOWN. It's a children's book I believe, so it's a quick and easy read. 

Important moment in your reading life: I was in 5th grade and we were doing book reports. My friend was telling me about the book she had read, which was about a time in the past where people were sent to camps and murdered just because of their religion. I didn't believe her and went to the library to check out the book she had read. I read The Diary of Anne Frank that evening and finished it by the next day. 

Just finished: oops, I already answered this one! It's Nash by Jay Crownover. 


Kinds of books you won't read: I'm not a big information book reader. Like it's torture for me to read my school textbooks. 


Longest book you've read: I honestly have no clue! Oh, maybe The Canterbury Tales by Chaucer. 

Major book hangover because of: The end of TFIOS. Enough said. 


Number of bookcases you own: I technically only have one bookcase, but I store my books all over my room. It's a collection problem. 

One book you've read multiple times: Time Travelers Wife. One of my favorite books and I like to read it during the winter. I don't know if you consider this a book or not...but I also read The Tell Tale Heart every halloween!


Preferred place to read: In bed, in my cozy chair, on the floor, in the library on campus. Riding the bus to school...etc. 
 Basically anywhere I have time.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you've read:   Ok, so I have narrowed it down to a few of my favorites:


“Time is priceless, but it’s free. You can't own it, you can use it. You can spend it. But you can't keep it. Once you've lost it you can never get it back.” 
― Audrey NiffeneggerThe Time Traveler's Wife

-TFIOS, John Green 

“We accept the love we think we deserve."

― Stephen ChboskyThe Perks of Being a Wallflower

“And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.” 
― Antoine de Saint-ExupĂ©ryThe Little Prince

Reading regret: I sorta regret reading The Divergent Series. I did a whole post on them, but basically I wish I had only read the first one and skipped the other two. 

Series you started and need to finish (all books are out in series): I need to finish the Maddox Brothers Series. I read the sample to Beautiful Wedding and it kinda made me mad, so I 
didn't buy it. But I wanna finish the series, so I will eventually. 

Three of your all time favorite books: Man, this is difficult.
 I narrowed it down to The Little Prince by Antoine De Saint-Exupery;  The Fault in Our Stars, by John Green;  and 1984 by George Orwell. 

Unapologetic fan-girl for:  If you've read this far, you know...The Fault in Our Stars.  (More like an overall John Green fan. I am a nerdfighter, no doubt about it.)

Very excited for this release more than all the others: I'm excited for Rowdy by Jay Crownover to come out this October but other than that I can't think of any I'm waiting to release. 


Worst bookish habit: When I get curious and/or bored in a book, I skip to the end and read the last page. I hate that I do that because I kicked myself in the foot several times and ruin some serious plot twists for myself. Side note: reason #125 why I love John Green. His first sentence in the back of the book in the authors note is typically along the lines of this : "If you are reading ahead to figure out what happens STOP IT YOU SNEAKY LITTLE SNEAKSTER! Go back to your chapter." 

Yep. He gets me. 

X marks the spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book: Redeeming Love,  by Francine Rivers


Your latest book purchase: I just got Devils Knot: The True Story of the West Memphis Three by Mara Leverett for $0.50 at a yard sale! Can't wait to read it!




ZZZ snatcher book (the book that kept you up WAY late): I'm pretty sure every book I read I end up staying up too late. I just have to figure it out!

Thanks The Lovely One for letting me steal this!

1 comment:

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!