Monday, June 30, 2014

Summer-ize Your Makeup Routine!

For me, makeup becomes non-important during the summertime. I normally don't wear it all that often and if I do, I want it as simple as possible. Whether I'm at the beach, pool, or riding a roller coaster, I really want my makeup to stay put and to protect me from the sun. 

Here's 5 ways to simplify and 'summer-ize' your makeup:


1. Trade your primer for sunscreen
I don't know about you but I'm not a big fan of skin cancer. Technically, I should be wearing this year round, but I really step up on wearing sunscreen daily during the summer. While yes, primer will help my makeup stay put longer, sunscreen is way more important.
I use the The Neutrogena Sheer Dry-touch Sunscreen SPF 100 because it dries clear and doesn't show   through my other face makeup.

2. Trade your foundation for a BB cream
If I can even be bothered enough to put any sort of foundation on my face, I will always opt to go as light as possible as far as coverage. BB cream is a no fuss product that you can slap on easily with your fingers. It still gives you a fair amount of coverage (I'd say lighter than a light coverage foundation) Try the Maybelline Dream Pure BB Skin Perfecter as a great drugstore option!

3.Trade powder eye shadow for cream shadow
To be honest, I don't even normally wear anything on my eyes besides mascara during the hotter months, but sometimes I like to swipe a neutral shade all over the lid. Trade the powder shadows for a cream shadow because they blend easier and will withstand water and sweat longer. I really like the Elf Studio Cream Shadows because of the shade options and its longevity. 

4. Trade regular mascara for waterproof mascara
This one seems brainless but really does help. I doubt that if you're swimming in a pool or beach you want those hideous black streaks under your eyes. With a simple switch to waterproof mascara, the problem's solved! My favorite is the L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Waterproof Mascara (psssst. it's on sale for less than $5!)

5. Trade lipstick for a lip stain
Lipstick can tend to look heavy on the lips. For summer, I like low maintenance (as I've said) so I don't want to have to reapply my lipstick. Switch your fav lipstick for a moisturizing lip stain that will stain your lips and will last all day! My favorite drugstore option are the Wet N Wild MegaLast Lip Stains. Plus, it feels like chapstick on the lips!

Things I skip for a low maintenance makeup look:
Eyeliner
Bronzer
Highlighter
finishing powder

If I have time I'll add blush, concealer and my eyebrow pencil, although it's not always necessary!
What's your go-to summer makeup look?


1 comment:

  1. Hey, Happy Summer! You are right on here. I remembered that a blogger I follow posted about Maybelline's Color Tattoo Eyeshadow and it is wonderful. I wore it today for the first time and must say that it stays put. Great post.

    ReplyDelete

Comments Make Me Smile and Smiling's My Favorite!